Search This Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Delay

I've been quite frustrated by my latest Amazon order which didn't arrive and didn't arrive; checked on it and discovered I'd checked deliver all of them together. Evidently, at least one of the books was not immediately available. On order: The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, The Haunted Bookshop and Parnassus on Wheels by Christopher Morley, and The Woman in Black by Susan Hill. They were supposed to be my bonus R.I.P. reads, but I may not get them in time for the October deadline. Not a huge problem as November is also a good month for Gothic...

Anyway, after a visit to The Library Ladder, I saw that my problem isn't unique.

3 comments:

  1. ugh. that's happened to me before. especially when pre-ordering an item. and they never send it on the day that it's released.. always a few days later. if i pre-order an item, that means i want it as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela- :) The frustration of a reader without the desired book(s)!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazon is both a blessing and a curse. Over the last year I have probably sent back at least half of the books I've purchased because of severe damage. They always do a great job of packing them the second time around...seems to me they would save more money and have less headaches if they did it right the first time.

    November is indeed a good month for gothic, I plan on reading more gothic tales throughout that month as well.

    ReplyDelete