Search This Blog

Monday, October 23, 2006

Finished!!


Finished Wild Swans on Saturday and Natassia on Sunday--991 pages combined. I reviewed them here in October Reading.

On to City of Bones by Michael Connelly.
****
October is drawing to a close, so here is an old poster with a Halloween feeling. I've thoroughly enjoyed the R.I.P. reads and am eager to get my copies of The Woman in White, The Woman in Black, The Haunted Bookshop, and Parnassus on Wheels. That Amazon order should be here this week. I hope.

4 comments:

  1. What are the chances of you leaving those books on your shelf until next year's RIP challenge?

    I have Woman in White on my Classics Challenge list, which is still tentative I want to point out. I'm a bit scared of it - so fat and such little print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. booklogged - No chance at all that they will stay on the shelf for a year!

    I read Woman in White years (and years ago) and all I remember is that I loved it. Who knows how I will feel about it this time? Think I'll start with Susan Hill's when they finally arrive and save the Collins for later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that old poster...what is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carl - I really don't know. It looks like from a play. The Witch of Endor has some interesting connections with Bewitched, Tolkien, and Star Wars (I looked it up on Wickepedia).

    Here is a link to a
    Magicians Posters and Flyers
    site, The Performing Arts Poster Collection says circa 1870.

    ReplyDelete