Search This Blog

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday
    1. Do you lend your books to other people? If so, any restrictions?

    I do lend books and often do not want them back. If I lend a book that I do want returned, I'm very careful to lend it only to someone I trust to return it.

    2. Do you borrow books from other people? (Friends or family--I'm not talking about the public library)

    Yes, but rarely. If a friend offers a book, I'll gratefully accept, but I do not ask. Except from my daughters...

    3. And, most importantly--do the books you lend/borrow get returned to their rightful owners?

    Yes. Although often my friends operate as I do and say, "Keep it or pass it along."


Here is a great quote on borrowing:

Never lend books - nobody ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are those which people have lent me. ANON

8 comments:

  1. Apparently the quote is from Anatole France. I wouldn't be surprised if Oscar Wilde said it too, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friend does this "Keep it or pass it along", bless her. She very understanding with me borrowing her books.

    Great answers! Happy BTT and I hope you have a wonderful day! Here is Mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne - thanks for sourcing the quote!

    Julia - :) I have too many books to keep them all. Many books, even if I really enjoyed them, I know I won't read again because there are too many out there that I haven't gotten around to yet. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you. I don't usually reread books so I am more than happy to pass them along. I've recently discovered Bookmooch and am loving it. I've spent approximately $30 in shipping and packaging costs sending out books I owned and I've received 25 books with points for 5 more. That's not a bad return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great quote.

    I don't ask to borrow books from others either. It's usually only when someone offers that I do. And then there is my mom who gives me a box or bag of books at a time, half of which I return unread because the books do not interest me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lend books to a 'select few' who know how obsessive I am about keeping my books like new. I borrow from those same friends almost exclusively. Borrowed books always find their way back to their rightful owners as I know how precious they are to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheya - I really must try Bookmooch; you've gotten a great return for your money!

    LF - It is a funny quote, isn't it? I grin when I read it. Lucky you to have to receive boxes of books...even if half don't interest you enought to read them.

    Carl - Nice to have a group of friends that provide a kind of lending library you can trust!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's only a couple of friends I'll lend books to and even then I'm always worried about how they'll treat my book! ha,ha. And, even though I love to borrow from the library I hardly ever borrow books from friends.

    ReplyDelete