Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2007

catching up

Things have been very hectic around here lately. Spent Thursday seeking medical attention for my father at Quick Care (ha! quick?) for a stomach virus. Then Friday, spent the entire day over there. I'd hoped to have those two days for house cleaning as my daughter and her family came in last night, but hey, things don't always work out the way you plan and there are worse things than a dirty house.

Thursday, as we waited at Quick Care, I finished Finn. Hours of awaiting are only hours of reading, right? I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to review it because Thursday and Friday were spent over at Laddie's, then frantically cleaning house. Our Mila is watching Barny right now, so I've got a few minutes to catch up email and comments.

Finn is going to require a little more thought than some books. It is one that will, like it or not, remain with me for a long time, and I just don't have time now to review it.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if this helps, but I always need to clean up 'after' visitors, so you could try asking yourself what the point is of cleaning before they come. It might assuage some of the guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up "Finn" at the library this morning on the way back from a Little League baseball game. I've heard some interesting reactions to the book and read some really tough reviews on it, so I can't wait to read the thing. It will be another few days until I can get to it but your reaction has made me even more curious than I already was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenclair, hope your father's feeling better soon. Stomach viruses are the worst.

    We call quick care "immediate care" here, which carries with it the same irony.

    Looking forward to your thoughts on 'Finn' once life settles down bit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your dad is feeling much better. You are right, those quick care type places are never quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann - That is certainly true. Once the babies get here, there is an immediate explosion of "stuff!" Any previous cleaning is buried under bottles, diaper bags, sippy cups, toys, clothes, etc.

    Sam - I'll be on that review soon, but have to take Laddie to another appt. this morning.

    Lisa - Thanks, the combination of Alzheimer's and any other illness can be especially frustrating, but I have lots of help from my brothers.

    Iliana - Thanks, and "quick" and "immediate" are such obvious misnomers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our "urgent care" center didn't last, so now it's just the ER - and you know how people use the ER for regular ailments to get medicare to pay? Not a good situation. Hope your father is feeling better. I always think of waiting-room time as reading time, also, although our family doc has recently ruined that concept by putting a very loud TV up high. Ick.

    ReplyDelete