Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Live Bait

Tracy, P.J. Live Bait. The Monkeewrench gang are at it again. I read the first in this series when it first came out. Now I have several novels to catch up on.

Someone is killing the elderly. Who, coincidentally, are all Jews who have survived the camps. Detectives Magozzi and Rolseth are on the case, but frequently disagree. Grace Macbride and Magozzi are making some romantic progress (continued from previous novel) and Grace and the Monkeewrench eccentrics are useful in solving the murders.

A good read and a series that I do want to catch up on because I like the characters. Not just Malgozzi and Rolseth, but the other detectives and the chief!

Fiction. Mystery. 2004. 340 pages.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't this a great series? I think you will like DEAD RUN and SNOW BLIND just as well. I wish they would hurry up and finish book 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy this series too. My favorite so far, I think, is Dead Run, although I know it tends to be most everyone else's least favorite. Go figure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay - It really is a good series, and I'd forgotten how much I'd enjoyed the first one. They do a great job with both characters and plot, and I'm ready for Dead Run and Snow Blind!

    LF- Can't wait to get on with the series. One nice thing about waiting is that by the time I finish the next 2, the authors will probably have another one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh another series to add to my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. iliana - I think you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete