Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Small Death in the Great Glen

A Small Death in the Great Glen by A.D. Scott...

 A child is missing and later found dead, and the only two witnesses are children themselves who are reluctant to reveal what they've seen.  Set in a small village in the Scottish highlands, the members of the local newspaper get involved in the investigation.

 Who killed Jamie Fraser and why?  The plot threads begin to twist and tangle in this little gem set in the changing Scottish highlands of 1956.

I liked the characters in this novel and suspect they may return in a new novel.  I  hope so because I'd enjoy visiting the staff of the Highland Gazette again!

Fiction.  Mystery.  2010.  416 pages.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you enjoyed this one, Jenclair. It's one I have here to read and am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LF - I hope you enjoy it. I especially liked the setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book! Thanks for the review Jenclaire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that one sitting here in the tbr pile too. Glad to hear you liked it. Yours is the first review I've seen for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri - I enjoyed this one and liked the way it covered topics--still current, but less talked about in the 1950's.

    Nicola - Hope you will enjoy Small Death, Nicola. It seems to be in a lot of TBR piles.

    ReplyDelete