Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Souless by Gail Carriger (R.I.P. V #6)

Soulless was great fun, witty, tongue-in-cheek!  I loved it.  Yes, loved it with a passion and enjoyed every moment from first to last.  I didn't want to put it down and finished in short order (and ordered the next two in Carriger's series).

Vampires and werewolves and bluestockings and preternaturals and mad scientists and romance and steampunk  and endearing characters!  It was fresh and fun and somehow, as comforting as tea and scones. 

It was a perfect choice for the  R.I.P. V Challenge, and for anyone who enjoys a bit of witty repartee and a novel that keeps you smiling, it is a must read.  Jane Austen meets Jules Verne.

Also reviewed here:  The Written World,  Books & Movies,  The Secret Lair 

Fiction.  Supernatural/Humor/ Adventure/Alternate History.  2009.  384 pages.

8 comments:

  1. This was such a fun book, wasn't it? Thanks for linking to my review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Carrie! I thoroughly enjoyed Soulless. Great characters and great lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've persuaded me! I am going to read this very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've completely convinced me that I must read this book! Just placed a hold on the library copy --

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unruly - I found Soulless to be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soulless is sitting here and waiting to be read. I think your review is the most appealing I read so far. Makes me want to go and start the novel immediately. Unfortunately there are other books to be finished first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline, I enjoyed Soulless a lot. The next two in the series, however, didn't appeal as much.

    ReplyDelete