Search This Blog

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Fantasy and Once Upon a Time


I usually schedule my blog reviews within a month of the release date,
 but because I received several great possibilities 
I reviewed some fantasy books early
 with the promise that I'd mention them again closer to the review date.


The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (reviewed here)

Half a King by Joe Abercrombie  (reviewed here)

I enjoyed both of these fantasy novels (and both were from NetGalley), and went on to purchase  The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Pearson (reviewed here).



A couple of other fantasy novels for the challenge that I haven't reviewed-- Luck in the Shadows and Stalking Darkness by Lynn Flewelling, the first two books in the Nightrunner series.  I really enjoyed both of these, but there was one element that made me a little uncomfortable.  I'm so far behind in reviews, I'm not sure I'll even review them, but the links will take you to the book descriptions.




No comments:

Post a Comment