Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2018

Dead Girl Running by Christina Dodd

Dead Girl Running is a strange amalgam of intriguing premise and plot holes.  Another book with a backstory inserted bit by bit into the main plot, Dead Girl Running had me alternating between suspenseful sections and confusion because not everything quite fit together.

I have three confessions to make:

1. I've got the scar of a gunshot on my forehead.
2. I don't remember an entire year of my life.
3. My name is Kellen Adams...and that's half a lie.


After a prologue that didn't appeal to me, I became involved with the characters and plot, only to pull up sharp several times with a "huh?"  Nevertheless, the suspense kept me intrigued until the last 20% of the book that just got too weird.

Read in Oct.; blog review scheduled for April 13, 2018

NetGalley/Harlequin

Mystery.  April 24, 2018.  Print length:  368 pages.

14 comments:

  1. Hmmm...maybe won't rush to read this one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't quite make it work, but that's just me. Others really liked it.

      Delete
  2. Well, I like the three confessions, they would pull me in. I'll take your word for the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It was the three confessions that caught my attention as well, but then...."

      Delete
  3. Sorry this one didn't quite work. I hate when you hope for something better and then it all goes bad or disappoints at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept going back and forth on this one, but the last bit was too much for me.

      Delete
  4. This one is one I've been kinda looking forward to -- that blurb is way too interesting to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one woman's opinion, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one. The blurb was too tempting for me, too. :)

      Delete
  5. The three confessions certainly grabbed my attention. It's too bad though the book didn't work for you overall. I can't remember if I have this one on my to read list. I kind of hope not. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of readers on Goodreads loved it, but it got too weird for me.

      Delete
  6. The three confessions sure grab my attention but a disappointment that this book didn't work out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is suspenseful, but...in the end, I wasn't on board.

      Delete
  7. I think I may have this one on my Kindle so I'll have to remember to keep my expectations in check!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may like it, and I would like to know your thoughts--either way. :)

      Delete